Finance Business Growth or Get Startup Financing Workshop
In “Show Me the Money: Financing Your Business” Workshop, you will learn various ways to finance business growth or get startup financing. Discover how to approach friends and family, angel investors, banks and venture capitalists for funding.
In addition, you can see how to prepare the documents you will need to submit for each.
Finally, a guest banker will present criteria that banks use to determine credit worthiness, and a representative from the SBA will discuss the SBA loan guarantee program.
Next Dates 11/21/17 and 12/19/17
Options to Finance Your Business Topics
- * Borrower’s qualifications
- * How do you communicate? Know how to talk to financiers.
- * Funding Sources: Where do you go to get financing?
- * SBA Guaranteed loans: All about the SBA loan guarantee program.
- * Banker’s point of view: What is a banker’s take on your qualifications?
- * Follow Up and set backs: What do you do if the banks reject your application?
Margaret Griffin, Banker From Huntington Bank. She has more than 25 years in banking, 15 of which have been in the turnaround workout industry. The concentration of her clients has been in the industries of manufacturing, equipment leasing, construction, real estate and healthcare. Griffin owned her own consulting and financial advising firm for 10 years.
Larry Pelka of Chicago, IL has been a SCORE member since 2001 and is currently the Assistant District Director of SCORE in Illinois. He was previously the Chicago SCORE Chapter Chair. Pelka was CEO of Associates Commercial Corp., a world wide commercial lessor and lender with over 12 divisions. Prior to his 22 years with ACC, Larry was the central region manager for General Electric Capital.
Robert Esquivel, SBA Chief of Lender Relations, has been with the SBA since 1988. Mr. Esquivel directs and coordinates Lender Relations Specialist in evaluating Lender services and promoting the Districtfinancing programs, including 7(a) general business loans, 504 loans, Export revolving lines of credit and all other loan programs implemented by the Agency. Prior to working for the SBA, he was a Vice President of a local community bank in Chicago, where he had worked for fourteen (14) years.
SCORE Ebook: Your Guide to Short Term Financing
- What is short-term financing?
- What business needs are a good fit for short-term financing?
- What costs make sense? APR vs. cents on the dollar
- How can a short-term loan affect my cash flow?
- How do I choose the right lender?